Reference Number: 5588- HHJ
Location: Georgia, United States
A World Class company has a new plant start up and it’s in need of a Materials Manager. They will be serving the Automotive OEM's with Class A plastic injection molded interior parts.
Objectives (Description of Responsibilities)
This position Reports to the VP of operations and is responsible for overall Supply Chain Management. This includes the organization and monitoring of the storage and distribution of goods. The goal is to manage the entire order cycle to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
Sole Responsibility / Assignments to be completed by the position:
- Strategically plan and manage customer service.
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Keeping track of quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency.
- Resolve complaints that can’t be handled by the Warehouse manager.
- Prepares paperwork for regulatory bodies.
- Develops and approves schedules.
- Supervise, coach and train Materials and logistics staff including Planners.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
- Implement improvements.
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO/TS16949 requirements.
- Establishes and implements related methods and procedures.
- Provides management and supervision to other assigned operational areas.
- Other Management assigned tasks, as required.
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company.
Bachelor’s Degree in Logistic or related field desired but not mandatory.
Proven working experience as a logistics manager in the Automotive Industry.
Experience with an Automotive manufacturer such as BMW is desirable.
Proficient in standard logistics software.
Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to work on multiple projects.
Must be productive in a team environment.
Proficiency in Excel, and Microsoft programs.
Available for occasional travel including International.