Director of New Business Development
Reference Number: 5595 - SXB
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
• Work with the sales team on developing their territories.
• Secure the sales plan through regular calls on target accounts.
• Participate in customer meetings and industry functions. Interact with key industry members to stay current with industry changes/advancements, industry segment changes and competitor changes.
• Interface with the customer’s various departments (sales, engineering, purchasing, etc.,) to develop new opportunities.
• Participate in all strategic plans with Sales Leadership to determine action plans for segment growth and strategic opportunities within the business unit.
• Identify, develop, close and maintain new business opportunities.
• Recommend pricing strategies to grow sales and operating profit. Supply input and strategies to compete with competitor’s products, strategies, and pricing programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 5-7 years of experience with plastic injection molding.
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 60%.
• Minimum 7-10 years of sales management experience in high-end disposable packaging.
• Ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of customers.
• Exceptional verbal, and written communications skills.
• Must be a true sales hunter with a proven closing rate.
• Effective presentation skills in front of small and large audiences.
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision – time management skills.
• Ability to lead a team.
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and the internet.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities to resolve issues/conflicts to the satisfaction of both the customer and the company.