Reference Number: 5619 - SXB
Location: Denver, Colorado
Ensures the consistent quality of production be developing and enforcing quality systems and programs, validating processes, and providing information, data, and analysis.
Major Job Functions – other duties may be assigned:
• Develops, implements communicates and maintains a quality plan ensure compliance with quality system and program requirements.
• Manages quality assurance programs to identify critical control points and preventive measures, establishes critical limits, and monitors procedures, and implements corrective actions and verification procedures.
• Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information, data, reports and trend patterns to strategic plans and reviews, for analysis, determination of system improvements, implementing change and initiating corrective actions.
• Manages and maintains the Company quality systems and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes, and finished goods.
• Formulates and manages the development and implementation of goal, objectives, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to the QA system.
• Validates quality process specifications and quality attributes; measures production; documents evidence; determines operational and performance qualifications; develops and updates quality assurance procedures.
• Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigates customer complaints; collaborates with other members of management to develop new products, manufacturing and/or training methods.
• Coordinates continual improvements of the QMS, ensuring that evidence of corrective and preventive actions taken are recorded and reviewed.
• Establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of Quality, Reliability, and Safety.
• Effectively interacts with Production, Engineering and Development teams to ensure product quality.
• Determines and enforces—through functional groups—Quality requirements in accordance with company needs.
• Organizes and promotes company-wide quality improvement efforts.
• Evaluates and develops improved techniques for the control of quality and reliability.
• Acts as a liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality of products produced.
• Travels to customer and supplier sites when necessary.
• Communicates with customers on a regular basis regarding status, problem solving, advice, and consultation.
• Manages department staff; responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees, coaching and developing talent, addressing issues and resolving problems.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university and five to eight years’ related experience ; or 12+ years related experience and/or training in a progressively responsible Quality Assurance role, including demonstrated ability to build and maintain quality systems and manage a large staff; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must possess the ability to read and understand blueprints.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Internet software; and Manufacturing software. Develop charts and graphs.
Training, Certificates, and Licenses:
No certifications required. Certification in LEAN, Six Sigma, or Black Belt preferred.
Directly supervises 20 - 25 employees in the Quality Department.