Reference Number: 5608 - SXB
Location: Gainesville, GA
This position is responsible for providing direction and leadership for the financial operations of the assigned business unit, including budgeting, forecasting, cash management, and policy development and implementation. The position will also provide management support to other areas of Operations such as Human Resources, IT, Facility Management and Purchasing.
• Manage all functions for general and property accounting, payroll and benefits accounts, tax accounting, accounts receivable and payables, internal auditing, cost accounting and budgetary controls for the facility.
• Direct and coordinate preparation of the budget, financial statements, and all related activity.
• Preparation of statistics for financial statements, including the analysis and reporting of results to provide forecasts and identify problems.
• Interpret operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the business unit. Make specific recommendations to result in cost reduction and profit improvement.
• Oversee and ensure correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents.
• Oversee and supervise maintenance of accounts.
• Coordinate and supervise preparation of reports for the government, and become the liaison with local and U.S. government officials on business and financial matters.
• Responsible for the preparation and evaluation of business plan and the allocation of funds.
• Establishes and implements related methods and procedures.
• Responsible for supervision, training, and evaluation of all accounting functions and staff.
• Establish and maintain banking relationships.
• Provide management and supervision to other assigned operations areas.
• Other Management assigned tasks, as required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or related field.
• CPA/MBA desired but not mandatory.
• Five to eight years’ experience in accounting and finance as a Controller, Accounting Manager, or similar position.
• Experience with accounting software, both financial and manufacturing modules.
• Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough knowledge of all accounting and tax related legislation, regulations and reporting procedures.
• Thorough understanding of all accounting functions particularly related to manufacturing and inventory control.
• Must be productive in a team environment.
• Proficiency in Excel, and Microsoft programs.