Director Of Engineering
Reference Number: 5775 - SMB
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide direction and motivation to engineering staff to assure successful execution of the engineering responsibilities on all programs
2. Deliver products and services that meet cost, quality and time expectations by working collaboratively with all departments of the organization as well as with customers.
3. Assess/manage employee capabilities and determine staffing needs to meet current and future business needs. Provide performance management and developmental opportunities to existing staff as well as recruit new talent in order to meet technical gaps.
4. Drive technical innovation by bringing new technology into the company directly or hiring the appropriate technology competencies.
5. Select, train, mentor and motivate the technical engineering resources required to secure new business opportunities, develop R&D projects and drive technical advancements that will meet customer requirements and business objectives.
6. Benchmark technology solutions and industry trends to build the most cost effective, reliable and innovative network infrastructure.
7. Provide and execute strong team leadership and communication skills
8. Demonstrate, provide, and execute strong leadership and communication skills to standardize and develop internal and external measurement tools to ensure success is obtained from all perspectives.
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, plus minimum ten (10) years experience in product development; manufacturing, or equivalent. 5 years experience in an injection molding environment.
2. Minimum eight years management experience. Ability to lead and develop others through support, training, etc. Must be able to manage staff toward departmental goals.
3. Possess high degree of knowledge in area of product development/design, manufacturing, operations, quality, and planning. Must thoroughly understand, and be able to communicate to others, the interrelationship of product development with other departments.
4. Program and project management skills and proven financial capabilities to maintain quality, cost, and timing of programs.
5. Demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing principles.
6. The ability to effectively interact with a broad level of internal and external customers is a necessity
7. Strong business acumen that demonstrates an understanding of business issues and linking solutions to the business strategy and outcomes.
8. Ensure all environmental, health, and safety policies are enforced and understood by employees and contractors.