Reference Number: 5855 - SB
Location: South Carolina
I. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining (injection molding) machinery and equipment, physical structures, and electrical system in molding division.
• Supports production and facility by maintaining working order and safety of physical building and machinery.
• Schedules preventative maintenance and assists in troubleshooting.
• Contracts sub-contractors, if needed to complete a job.
• Identifies vendors and orders new parts as needed.
• Purchases and receives maintenance supply and parts.
• Directs workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
• Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
• Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery.
• Requisitions and keeps supply of spare parts.
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, and 'ob orders to workers, and assigns duties.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Performs activities of workers managed.
• Performs duties as safety coordinator, on site emergency coordinator, handling hazardous materials and maintains other safety and environmental regulations.
• Initiates work orders for parts and machines.
• Other duties may be assigned.
II. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Directly manages employees in the Maintenance Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
III. EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma and Associates Degree (A.A.); or journeymen training in Basic Electronics and Industrial Electronics, minimum 5-7 recent years’ experience with injection molding presses, Millwright and machine repair with 5 years related experience with good supervisory skills and project management skills; or an equivalent of training and experience that includes a minimum of 7 – 10 years’ experience.