Director of Scheduling & Planning
Reference Number: 5813 -HJJ
Location: Syracuse, IN
A profitable and growing company has created a new position due to growth and acquisitions. Their capabilities include designing and manufacturing of injected molded products using highly engineered resins. They have the ability to do small and large parts, highly aesthetic parts utilizing structural foam, gas assist, and straight injection processes. In addition, the Company offers value-added assembly and secondary finishing operations, including painting, inserting, and decorating.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Scheduling and Planning will manage all aspects of materials flow. Primary focus is to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, scheduling, cost, warehouse, receiving, and shipping to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time.
• Establishes and supervises production scheduling activities by monitoring material inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors that affect schedules.
• Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company’s business growth and sourcing requirements
• Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
• BS degree in business, management or other related discipline.
• 5+ year’s progressive experience in management of materials through a manufacturing environment.
• Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing an inventory control system capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
• Experience in Total Quality Environments (TS, Six Sigma, 5S, etc.)
• Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment. IQMS experience preferred.