Reference Number: 5715 - JPP
Plastics Process Engineer
Responsible for development and improvement of injection molding processes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- New Program Launch
- Participate as part of the program launch team as the plastic process expert
- Responsible for all aspects of developing an injection molding process
- Give input into mold design
- Coordinate / analyze / draw conclusions based on molding process simulation software (Mold flow / Moldex3D)
- Understanding of plastic materials and their processing characteristics
- Standard injection molding, and multiple material injection molding (2-shot)
- Application of systematic / scientific molding techniques.
- Understanding of cavity pressure / advanced process monitoring /control techniques.
- Troubleshoot and develop solutions to mold, material, and process problems in support of part requirements.
- Support transfer of the developed process or mold into the manufacturing location (potential for global travel)
- Coordinate process optimization and trial runs
Support Function Responsibilities:
- Support manufacturing process improvement activities
- Launch support at manufacturing plant
- Attend Program Management Reviews
- Participate in DVP&R, DFMEA, and PFMEA development meetings
- Support APQP and VA/VE activities
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree preferred or equivalent.
- 5 years or more experience in related field.
- RJG or Paulson certified preferred or equivalent experience
The company offers a strong relocation package with career advancement opportunities in the future. For confidential consideration please email your resume to Jason Pollock at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you wish to talk with me first my number is below.