Reference Number: 5781 - MJJ
Location: El Paso, TX
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops, implements, and coordinates product assurance program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
• Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of the management team.
• Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing market opportunities.
• Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals.
• Develops initial and subsequent modifications of the quality assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within the program.
• Evaluates contents of reports from the quality assurance program department heads and confers with top management personnel preparatory to formulating fiscal budget for the program.
• Conducts management meetings with quality assurance program department heads to establish, delineate, and review program organizational policies, to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
• Reviews technical problems and procedures of departments and recommends solutions or changes in procedure.
• Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards.
• Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems.
• Ensures product quality and has authority to stop nonconforming processes until problems are corrected.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
• 5-7 years in a Quality Engineering role with experience leading a team.
• Must have experience within a plastics manufacturing environment. (prefer Injection Molding)
• Background must include experience with process for new or revised tooling, APQP process/Control plans/FMEA/Flow charts.
• Strong technical skills and an understanding of statistics.
• Manufacturing concepts and principles.
• Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement Process.
• Experience within an ISO9001 environment
• Process Management/Statistical Process Control.
• Budget Management.
• Strong communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.