Supply Chain Manager
Reference Number: 5788 - MJJ
Exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is re-engineering our Supply Chain planning function; implementing new modules within Oracle; new ways of thinking and optimizing flow to improve interdependencies of each link within the supply chain. The Supply Chain Material Planner will be principally responsible to ensure that the planning systems are in place to achieve excellent customer service at all levels of our organization. This position manages the interface with sales and then through the SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations, and Planning) process matches capacity with demand and builds a master production plan for a multi-site, job-shop operation servicing customers across a variety of markets including, Defense, Rail, Truck, Industrial & Vehicle.
• Ensure that Daily MRP requirements are met through the use of Oracle (MRP Enterprise Server). Interpret the forecast, make adjustments, build a master production schedule, and develop actual production plans for multiple facilities. Assess and develop product planning processes that improves customer service levels while improving internal material demand goals.
• Run Oracle MRP daily to ensure all Customer Demand is accounted for and alert Schedulers of any changes. Production Schedulers will report to this position. Monitor timeliness of shop order closure and interact with the Operations Team in both locations when necessary.
• Interact with Customer Service on a Daily basis to meet or exceed our Customer’s expectations with their Demand changes. Assess any Pull In’s or Push Out’s via Customer demand to ensure all inventories are OK and or not affected.
• Manage inventory levels for material and inventory accuracy. Initiate daily inventory move transactions (receipts, transfers, issues) of materials in Oracle ERP system.
• Optimize inventory levels to cost-effectively disposition excess and report out any obsolescence in inventory as necessary or deemed by the Plant Manager.
• Analyze and verify inventory accuracy of cycle counts, investigate discrepancies to determine root cause and assignment of corrective actions.
• Generate assigned performance metrics for inventory by Market Segment and report at Monthly Operations Review (e.g. Cycle Count Accuracy, Root Cause and Corrective Actions, 5S, etc.)
• Manage the SIOP process and act as liaison between sales/marketing & operations to ensure demand is met and that Sales and Marketing are accountable for their respective forecasts. Confirm that all forecasts entered into Oracle via IT are aligned with the proper Inventory counts and executed based on each items lead time.
• Maintains Safety Stock requirements in Oracle that drives Purchasing of Raw Materials as the Demand fluctuates
• Drive departmental goals and objectives, assess skills and abilities and set standards for future performance
• Enter all Item Masters for BOM requirements into Oracle
• Initiate requisitions to Purchasing for release of goods for any MRP activity that requires Raw Materials based on the Demand cycle in MRP. Administer PO changes related to MRP exception report to the Supply Chain Manager as well as ECO disposition actions
• Report premium freight charges, opportunities to charge back and costs recovered to the Supply Chain Manager or Plant Manager as necessary
• Identify and notify Accounting of any Tooling Invoices that meet PPAP and or First Article criteria to ensure invoicing occurs in a timely manner
• Ensure all exports/importing details are captured based on NAFTA requirements
• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or University in Supply Chain is preferred or Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Plus 5+ years of Purchasing / Planning experience in inventory planning (MRP messages and non-MRP triggers) experience
• Demonstrated experience running MRP utilizing Oracle System in a job shop.
• Demonstrated experience in demand management, master scheduling, and sales and operations planning for Multi-site operations in a job-shop environment.
• Demonstrated experience in market driven resource and material planning.
• Ability to work closely and collaboratively within all levels of the organization.
• In depth knowledge of inventory management utilizing lean tools and value stream mapping with experience with Kanban / Lean Manufacturing.
• Experience or knowledge of metal mechanical and/or molding technologies desirable.
• Experience planning for success across global supply chains is desirable
• APICS CPIM or CSCP level of expertise a plus