Reference Number: 5305 - JPP
Location: Greenville, SC
Title: Automation Manager
If you have an innate ability to troubleshoot, program and handle PM's and set-ups in a fast paced manufacturing environment, we invite you to join our team. Major Responsibilities
• Responsible for modifying existing automation control systems
• Designing, estimating, and commissioning new automation control systems integrated with Robots based on PLC's
• Implement Safety Category 4 for all required installations, presses and robotics work cells
• Integrate equipment with robots and various testing and monitoring instruments
• Troubleshoot process problems and initiate/participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives and quality improvements
• Maintain and service automated work cells; mechanical and hydraulic presses
• Set up and conduct predictive and preventative maintenance programs for required equipment
• Perform all work in good standard, respond to off-duty calls, and work rotating shifts if required.
• Follow all work cell and/or department standardized work instructions/procedures.
• Ensure compliance to all quality and safety standards.
• Ensure, with the cooperation of other Co-Ex-Tec departments and Corporate that the division achieves and maintains the highest possible Customer rating for satisfaction; Strive for zero defects in all areas of the business.
• Ensure enforcement of Customer Specific Requirements and Quality Management System (TS16949) without compromising either Co-Ex-Tec or its Customers.
Knowledge and Education
• Secondary School Diploma, Robotics and Automation College Diploma or University Degree or equivalent
• Certified Electrician, an asset
• Proven leadership ability, preferably in the automotive industry
• Strong Robotics, PLC, and sensor work experience a must
• Able to span all shifts and weekends, as required
• Proven experience in maintenance of plant and equipment
• Able to recognize all North American symbols
• Strong knowledge of related codes, health, safety and environmental standards and regulations,
• Able to read any circuit diagram and correlate to actual work piece
• Able to use required tools, including mechanical and electrical types
• Well-developed communication, organizational, interpersonal and analytical abilities
• Able to work well independently and within a group
• Good understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems and controls
• Valid forklift license preferred
• Sound computer skills, including knowledge of software in current use
• Understanding of lean manufacturing, an asset
Work Experience: 5 plus years working in a Management role or Supervisor in the Automotive industry
If you meet the requirements and are interested, please email your current resume as a Microsoft Word attachment to email@example.com. My team will review your qualifications and if there is a match with our clients’ needs I will contact you directly. Please include a daytime telephone number and your email address.