Reference Number: 5564 - JPP
Location: Carrollton, Georgia
• Provides industrial engineering consultation in support of operational and productivity improvements.
• Maintain an accurate capacity planning model.
• Develop and administer a plant layout process, built around Lean Manufacturing principles, that optimizes material handling (to include material flow and storage requirements) and maintain associated drawings and documentation.
• Apply time and motion study techniques.
• Apply Operations Research methods to create operational optimization models.
• Recommend, develop and help implement cost reduction ideas.
• Assist with: Developing and researching improvement activities
• WCM project management
• use of lean tools
• training of improvement analysis techniques
• evaluating "what if" changes to operational processes and product design
• benchmark other companies
• revising IE support functions and tools to support continuous improvement
• evaluating and providing feedback on idea submissions.
• Perform process modeling and analysis using value stream tools.
• Participate in Six Sigma projects.
• Solid Industrial Engineering skills, including Operations Research and time and motion study with proven track record of multiple successful projects on a medium to large scale.
• Ability to achieve results using Industrial Engineering methods, Lean Manufacturing/TPS tools, and Six Sigma analysis.
• Understanding of production scheduling and inventory control
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong math skills and understanding of statistics.
• Ability to develop and maintain working models of computer-based evaluation tools.
• Proficient in AutoCAD 13 or higher.
• Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities in support of management’s priorities and goals.
• Must have the ability to read automotive blueprints and engineering specifications.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Be able to readily resolve conflicts and maintain progress on tasks and projects.
• Be able to adjust to changing needs and conditions.
• Basic computer skills - Microsoft Office software
• Must be a self-starter, open minded and a team player.
• Basic understanding of 8D, FMEA, APQP and SPC.
• Basic understanding of standardized work and kaizen activity.
• B.S. degree in Engineering (required) 5-10 years’ experience
• B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering (preferred)
• Six Sigma Green Belt (preferred)
If you meet the requirements and are interested, please email your current resume as a Microsoft Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. My team will review your qualifications and if there is a match with our clients’ needs I will contact you directly. Please include a daytime telephone number and your email address.