Reference Number: 5622 - MXJ
Location: Colorado, United States
SCOPE OF THE ROLE: The Materials Manager directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies within the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directs and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in materials and distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies in organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
• Responsible for all inventory activities for pre and post production, including maintenance of material inventory levels, quality & inspection and JIT delivery scheduling.
• Responsible to lead the logistics and material team to achieve desired inventory levels and develop and maintain quality and efficiency standards.
• Negotiate and/or oversee negotiations with suppliers to ensure optimum cost, delivery and quality of raw materials and purchased items.
• Prepare or assist in preparation of departmental budgets, and then monitor to ensure operations in purchasing are within budget.
• Develop and maintain policies and practices relative to the disposal of surplus materials, ensuring that the processes are adequate and provide the optimum value.
• Supervise all activities related to logistics and materials, maintain inventory. Receive order from customers and issue order to Production.
• Maintain inventory levels by ordering components/materials from suppliers.
• Develop process procedures and controls to ensure quality and efficiency.
• Provide inventory metrics including inventory turns, days of inventory, expedited freight and past dues.
• Responsible for both shipping and receiving department. Responsible to ensure that finish products are shipped to dealers throughout the U.S.
• Manage value added projects assigned to shift. Coach, motivate, develop and manage shipping and receiving associates.
• Analyze data and prioritize work assignments to direct the daily plan of action for the shift or functional areas.
• Coordinate inbound freight and outbound transportation of finished goods to maximize efficiency and lower overall cost of doing business.
• Resolve issues dealing with damage claims and missing freight/finish trailers. Negotiate contract for inbound and outbound freight.
• Maintain proper records to include bill of ladings, invoices, purchase orders, etc.
EDUCATIONAL AND OTHER SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in business, logistics or related field.
• 5 -7 years of related experience.
• Demonstrated skills in using data to analyze root causes to resolve problems.
• Technical proficiency in IQMS Manufacturing ERP Software
• Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint).
• Experience in Inventory Control Management.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Flexibility, adaptability, and a process improvement approach.
• Willingness to change and lead others through change.